Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Official....

Jared has been promoted to the 2nd grade! :)
We are so proud of Jared, he had another good report card, even improving in several areas! :) Today, Jared got to celebrate his birthday at school. The irony about Jared's birthday celebration is that I wasn't going to be able to make it due to Jaime's doctor appointment. Turns out, Jared's eye (from his eye injury last week) started to swell and get gunky at school this morning. The nurse called, I went up to check it and put more drops in it. Since I was going up there, I brought the kids' treats early (Tom was going to bring them later in the day). When Jared went back to the class, his teacher said that the kids wanted their morning snack, so I asked if I could just give them their treats, she agreed. So, I went to the car to get them (ice cream cups and treat bags), when I came back, I found Jared with a birthday crown and bear. All of the kids sang to him and they all ate ice cream. It was very sweet!


Tomorrow, Jared will be having an all day picnic at the park, the last time he will be a 1st grader and in his current class! Of course, getting back to that eye of his....Jared will be going to the pediatrician first to check it out, she'll probably change his eye drops! Ah, what would life be like without a weekly visit to the pediatrician's office? ;)

Look for pics from the picnic tomorrow night!

Until then.....good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment